Fireworks – inside.

We had sparky-poppy-bangy-explosions going on in our hall.

Damn good excuse for not going in work!

I was just about to leave for work on Friday, when I spotted a firework display going off in the hallway in my house. I called the gas people (it was right by the gas meter) but no – not gas. I called an electrician, and this pic tells the story. 1980’s wiring had given up the ghost. It was only luck that nothing but dust had caught fire.

Broken Socket

Oh, the piece of wire you can see there – it wan’t cut by human hands – it just fell off in a flash of sparks when the electrician (I’ve mentioned “Phil” before) opened up the plug socket.

Comments are closed.